Post-Separation Support and Alimony

What happens if you want to separate from your spouse but you don’t have enough money to make it on your own? What happens if you want to separate from your spouse but you are worried you may have to pay your spouse separation support or alimony but the reason you feel you need to separate is because of their marital misconduct or you found out about their paramour? Well this is where the statutes for post-separation support and alimony come into effect. These statutes contain the factors and the grounds for a party to file for these claims, grounds to contest these claims, and how to terminate these claims. However, always remember that if you are planning on going through a divorce, then you need to bring these claims before your divorce is finalized or you will lose the right to claim them forever. These claims do not need to be decided prior to the divorce, but there needs to be an action pending before the final divorce decree or you will lose the opportunity to bring them against your spouse forever.

No matter what your situation is, we will give you prompt attention, regular updates, and clear explanations regarding developments in your case. Call us anytime at (919)-335-5291 for a consultation with a lawyer.

  • Matheson & Associates employs a skilled set of attorneys and support staff to ensure our clients zealous and determined representation. Whether you are facing a DWI or other criminal charges, need help forming a business, or just need someone representing your interests in a personal injury claim, Matheson & Associates is prepared and eager to be your advocate. We have experience representing hundreds of clients and we are dedicated to total client satisfaction. Call us today for a Consultation and find out why so many trust Matheson & Associates to represent their needs.