Receiving a traffic citation can be, at the very least, frustrating. Make no mistake, North Carolina’s traffic citation laws are designed to punish you. Gone are the days when you could pay a simple $25 fine and be on your way. A simple traffic ticket can lead to:
- Court costs of at least $180
- A fine of $25 or more
- Drivers License points – enough of these can cause you to lose your drivers license!
- Insurance Points – even 1 point is a mandatory increase in your insurance rates!
- In severe cases, traffic issues can mean high fines, steep increases in insurance costs ― and even the immediate loss of your drivers license.
Because of North Carolina’s traffic citation laws, you’re going to spend a couple hundred dollars on just a simple speeding ticket – even if you handle this yourself! Wouldn’t it be better to spend a little more and hire an attorney to make sure that it’s done right and that you get the best possible outcome?
Some common traffic offenses in North Carolina are:
- Highway Racing
- Hit & Run
- DWI/Driving After Consuming
- Speeding to Elude
- Driving While License Revoked (both as a result of a DWI or not related to a DWI offense)
- No Operator’s License
- Careless and Reckless Driving
- Passing a Stopped School Bus
- Speeding (including Speeding in a School/Construction Zone)
- Failure to Restrain Child in Child Restraint Seat
- Failure to Move Over
- Following Too Closely
- Failure to Maintain Lane Control
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way
- No Registration/Insurance
- Stop Sign/Stop Light Violations
- Seatbelt Violations
Contact our offices at 919-335-5291 today for a consultation.